Oh my Blog, how I have missed you. I have felt one coming on for a while now and just have not known what to title it- or where to even go with it... oh well- here we go with no direction whatsoever!
I have been reading "7" by Jen Hatmaker- who is by the way my new hero, love her, I cannot give myself the compliment of saying that I write like her- cannot even compare. BUT I think like she writes love her thought process! Read it if you have time- and if you don't! In her book she refers to her goup of friends as the "council" I feel the need to list and describe mine since they probably do not even know they are on it- well I sure hope they do. I will officially name, describe, nominate and vote on mine now. Shout them out from the rooftop so that all of my 7 followers can read about you...
1. Celia: My sweet precious Stoic Heroic is what I shall call you. You have endured something I would not even begin to know how to deal with, you live life, you love well, and put up with ME! You listen, you love, you teach, you exemplify, you are all that I would hope to be half of. Where would I be without you. You are the only skinny person I know that can talk about a new type of gym every month, never go to one, and still lookin smokin hot. You are in love with Jesus and TRULY TRULY show it in everything you do- right down to loving on 11 two year olds, and changing some wicked diapers alongside your crazy all over the place best friend. I know without a shadow of a doubt that you pray for me even when I don't deserve your time.... I love you
2. Allison: My "fun" one but "fun" with you would be no fun with anyone else but you my love. I have never heard of anyone pouring themselves into something- anything and everything the way you do- not head first- whole body first. You make me laugh, you make me cry about having four kids and how impossible it is but remind me constantly that God is soveriegn- even when I leave my fourth child places - you forgive me. You constantly point out "all" that I do, but never even notice all that you do. You are intentional with every fiber of your being, and I know without a doubt you pray for me. You walk a crazy life right alongside my crazy one and still find time to with me- even in our numb child infused haze of an exsistence... I love you.
3. Graylynn: My Gravy- thats my new nickname for you (amongst another nickname I love and cannot even type). Why Gravy? Because my plate of obnoxious thanksgiving food (my life) would be so tasteless and boring without you poured out all over it. Even from a distance of hundreds and hundreds of miles- you are right next to me, in all I do, right there. You are my biggest fan my cheerleader like when we run and I am ten steps behind and by the time you pop a squat in someones yard I have finally caught up and you can still say- good job, your doing great- thats what you do for me every day- on the phone, on facebook, via email, to my face. And the best part is- I know if I were doing a piss poor job or messed up- you my love would call me out on it. And I know without a doubt you pray for me... I love you
4. Momma: My life-giver. Can't even decide where to start with you girl. I love that I am 30 and have 4 children and can live vicariously through your grand adventures. You gave me life 30 years ago- you continue to give me life on a daily basis. You love so well. Your imagination and intelligence is beyond anything I could possibly comprehend my love. I will be selfish and only talk about what you do for me- what you do for my family is another blog in iteslf. And I know without a doubt you pray for me... I love you
5. My love: I have officially re-fallen in love with you, with us. You listen to my rantings, my selfishness, my crazy ideas, my twisted way of thinking, my fallen horrible self and you still somehow find a way to love me? You speak truth to me, you process with me, for me sometimes- and you are hands down the best father I know. No pressure ;) and I know without a doubt you pray for me.... I love you
Thats my fab 5. Notice a pattern? Prayer,love,life,joy. I could go on and on and on. Want to know how I "do all I do?" 4 kids, two jobs blah blah blah-look above. God thank you for these precious gifts help me to give back....
I love meeting new people, talking about new things, having new adventures... But boy do I love my security blanket and that circle of trust. These people know everything about me, everything, and still find some way to love me and pray for me- father make me more like them!
I am going to make a new years resolution a few months late and blog some more so maybe I can get to 8 followers? spread a little more joy, a little more funny a little more messy... Find your 5 or 7 or 3 or 10 and thank the Lord you have them and pray for them, hold them tight, try your hardest not to piss them off or run them off and soak in all the goodness that comes from them.