Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My delight


Tripp and I had to run a million errands this morning after we dropped LG off at school. I dragged him to at least five different stores and was just waiting for him to crash... But he didn't. Now, had I taken Lily Grace she would have been "tired," in need of a "treat" or throwing her head back and grunting about something ( she has many many pluses but endurance has not been one of them yet.) Tripp on the other hand was making everything an adventure, and when he got tired he only told me once and I never heard another word. I suddenly realized that he is the perfect son to have two sisters. He is full of ALL boy ALL the time, but who better than he to put up with two high maintenance girls? He will truly know far more than most men. I also realized how much I was "delighting in him" this morning and I just find it hard to believe that my heavenly father could possibly delight in me that way. In no way do I make everything an adventure or complain only once and move on. I nag, I persist, I throw my head back and wail and stomp my feet and demand treats. What a wonderful father I have to put up with that every day all the time.

He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.
2 Samuel 22:19-21
If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm;
Psalm 37:22-24
The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.
Psalm 147:10-12


It sounds like something simple- yes the Lord delights in me everyone who has been to Sunday school knows that. But, when you think about how truly wretched we are some days and how delightful we are others- it just seems like God has a hard job to love me the way he does. But I am so very very thankful.I love my children the same, adore them the same and would die without either, and He feels the same way about us- wretched or delightful. I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment